January 29, 2009

Playing - Five Questions by Danielle

I am playing an interview game. You can play, too. You'll find the rules below.
Danielle LaPorte, author of the refreshing white hot truth, gave me among twenty others who replied to her interview answers, five questions to look at myself. All interview is innerview, isn't it? Thank you for your time and spirit, Danielle.


1. What feeling are you usually trying to create for yourself?

Like everyone else I want to be happy, too often choosing means that guarantee exactly the opposite. As a teacher of A Course In Miracles I am committed to uncover my pursuits of insane ideas to let them be healed. What I experience in this endeavor shows me that I don't know what will make me happy in any given moment. I want to be happy, but don't know how to "create" that feeling except to let go of whatever I think will make me happy. I can only be happy. I consider the lilies of the field and decide for happiness, till I forget and need to remember again that my function is happiness. God created me to be happy as He is.


2. What teaching from the Course In Miracles was most effectual for you?

Oh my, single out one, when they all point to the same thing. What helps me at any given time changes. However, from the beginning I loved the idea that God does not know of this existence, meaning that I am doing it but to myself. Jesus tells me that I am not a body and need not suffer anything. I love the idea that I am seeing only the past. But to answer your question I would have to say that asking for help, asking for a miracle to change my mind, helped me the most. We have to ask for help.


3. What's your guilty pleasure?

Thinking of a "guilty pleasure", my mind still goes to sex immediately. But more and more I come to realize that sex is actually no pleasure. It never was for me. I thought it was, but I was taught wrong. So what is my guilty pleasure? My thoughts and judgments about others? I love to surf and read on the Internet, and often do get lost with it for which I then feel guilty when I stay up late or "waste" a beautiful day, forgetting that I am doing exactly what I want to do. Another thing is driving fast on the highway. In my adolescence I was vehemently opposed to driving a car, especially a heavy and fast one. I don't have one, but I would love it.


4. What 3 books rocked your world?

Well, there are A Course In Miracles, the writings by Master Teacher and the Bible. At university I devoured Norbert Elias.


5. Milk chocolate or dark?

I share your love for milk chocolate. But it needs to have some nuts. Hazelnuts.


I loved your short and pithy answers on your post. Thank you, Danielle.


The interview rules:

* leave me a comment saying: "interview me"
* all comments will be published
* I will e-mail you five questions of my choice
* you can then answer the questions on your blog {with a link back to my blog}
* you should also post these rules, along with an offer to interview anyone else who e-mails you wanting to be interviewed
* anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
* it would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger



Technorati-Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Buddha said...

I was browsing the blogosphere looking for like minded people interested in spiritual growth and I stopped to say hello!
Wishing you love, peace and happiness!
BoH