January 13, 2008

How To Ask For Help

Someone asked me about how to ask for help, when I wrote an answer to a post from Anuradha on her blog (see blogroll).

My answer got a little longer, so I want to post it here, too. Of course, I changed it a little. Everything always changes here, doesn't it?

I wrote this: "Thanks for asking... That actually is a form of asking for help.

There are many forms of asking for help, and what works for one, might not always work for another. Yet asking does work always.

asking for helpI learned that if I mean it when asking for help, I get help. That of course, goes for anything. What you really mean, becomes a reality for you. In that sense, the form of your asking does not matter at all. It is always a question of what it is you are asking for in your heart. What is it that you really want? What is your purpose? What are you here for? It is true that your life will shape around, and organize according to how you answer these questions. If you want peace, you will find peace. It is totally a matter of your determination.

In my case, I knew somewhere that the solutions offered by this world, would not help me, or anyone, in my, or his, need for help. How did I know this? I don't know. I knew I needed help, and nothing I found in this world, answered my need.

Then I found A Course In Miracles. That was quite some years ago. I did the mind training lessons, and still do them. Every day. To do this is my form of asking for help. I can't do a normal life. A Course In Miracles is not coming from a human being or anything normal here. It was the answer I was looking for.

Of course, asking for help is also when I talk to a friend about something that is bothering me. Praying to Jesus, God or whomever. I often use Jesus, because I love him. He helps always.

Asking for help, in my case, is also to be at Endeavor Academy, where The Master Teacher of A Course In Miracles is teaching. No matter how I feel I go to "session". I may not have the slightest clue of what is going on, or what he says, but I go, and listen and stay present to the best of my ability, because I know there is an energetic transmission happening. Call it healing, resurrection, it doesn't matter. It is light, and miracles are happening and seen in light. That helps my healing and awakening. That is my way of asking for help. I expose myself to the light.

In a way I am re-phrasing the idea, on which you quoted me ("...no Master and no one can do anything for anyone if one does not ask for it. We have to ask for help all the time, because we need it"). The presence of a master is like a catalyst. It means a speeding up of your process. A real master, to me, also does not shy away from confronting you, when you are stuck, or from telling you what you don't want to hear. He has to, because he has to teach the truth, and won't let you die. In that sense my participation in what is offered at Endeavor Academy is like an incubator. I am getting cooked, presented with situations that are bringing me to the point where I really ask for help. The clearer I am about the situation I find myself in, the more openly I will ask for help, and the more immediately I will get help.

It is always just me. I am dreaming this world. As long as I like to be here, I will find a reason to be here. When I realize I don't want it anymore, I leave. It is incredibly simple, when I see that it is just me in my mind. How simple is forgiveness! I ask for help to forgive myself for my mistakes, for my illusions about myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here the names of a collection of books by Mary K. Baxter. They are great reading for all you fans of books. They are true accounts. Recommended Reading!!! The books are called The Revelation of Angels, The Revelation of Hell and The Revelation of Heaven. Love to you in Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I become uncomfortable with the lessons. Sometimes I am comforted. There are lessons that take me two days, and there are other lessons I readily embrace. I show up no matter how I feel. This is all I ask of myself, and all that is asked of me.