October 17, 2007

I See Only The Past

If everything I see is already over, why do I react to it as if it were happening now? What need do I have to defend myself against ANYTHING, if the Course is right? What could I possibly want to change, no matter how uncomfortable and threatening it may appear to be? I could let myself die, for I cannot die. I could let myself be changed in a miraculous event of inclusion of whatever comes to confront my limited identity, and simply expand in its light. Yet I defend myself, screaming and kicking and judging, only to stay separate and apart. I am insane.

Reasonably, all I could do is look and judge not, thereby keeping the truth in mind that whatever I face or see is already over. My slightest reaction shows me that I lost sight of the truth. As Jesus says in chapter 27, "The Hero of the Dream", I would not react at all to figures in a dream I knew that I was dreaming.

Now, that takes mind training. It takes everything of me. It takes all my determination to not give in to temptation. That must be peace of mind; to look "on everyone, on every circumstance, all happenings and all events, without the slightest fading of the light" Christ's vision sees. Without God's Help I will never be able to do this.

"If you but knew how much your Father yearns to have you recognize your sinlessness, you would not let His Voice appeal in vain, nor turn away from His replacement for the fearful images and dreams you made. The Holy Spirit understands the means you made, by which you would attain what is forever unattainable. And if you offer them to Him, He will employ the means you made for exile to restore your mind to where it truly is at home." (ACIM, Workbook, What is the Holy Spirit?)
"Christ's vision has one law. It does not look upon a body, and mistake it for the Son whom God created. It beholds a light beyond the body; an idea beyond what can be touched, a purity undimmed by errors, pitiful mistakes, and fearful thoughts of guilt from dreams of sin. It sees no separation. And it looks on everyone, on every circumstance, all happenings and all events, without the slightest fading of the light it sees.

This can be taught; and must be taught by all who would achieve it. It requires but the recognition that the world can not give anything that faintly can compare with this in value; nor set up a goal that does not merely disappear when this has been perceived. And this you give today: See no one as a body. Greet him as the Son of God he is, acknowledging that he is one with you in holiness.
" (ACIM, Lesson 158)
God's light, available to me in Christ's vision, transforms this world which is my projection, or my ideas of what I am, separated from the universe.
The past is over. It can touch me not.

"Unless the past is over in my mind, the real world must escape my sight. For I am really looking nowhere; seeing but what is not there. How can I then perceive the world forgiveness offers? This the past was made to hide, for this the world that can be looked on only now. It has no past. For what can be forgiven but the past, and if it is forgiven it is gone.

Father, let me not look upon a past that is not there. For You have offered me Your Own replacement, in a present world the past has left untouched and free of sin. Here is the end of guilt. And here am I made ready for Your final step. Shall I demand that You wait longer for Your Son to find the loveliness You planned to be the end of all his dreams and all his pain?
"(ACIM, Lesson 289)

Now I can look at these images differently. What do I see? Where is my focus? It is entirely up to me. Is it simply nice images of fall colors, or do I see my own reflection offering me an alternative?

The past is over. It can touch me not.

The past is over. It can touch me not II

The question is as always: what do I want, no matter how much I may wish to deceive myself on this. Am I willing to recognize the illusory nature of things? If I would, I could hardly be tempted. I am tempted to give in and react because I do not recognize things as they are. I see everything upside down. I am past. Upset, fearful, judgmental, and defending myself all alone in the universe. What an idea and existence!

Jesus, I can't do this. Please help.

Thank you for A Course In Miracles. Thank you for coming back, and being with me always. I love you.


Time to see a new heaven and a new earth...

Here you can watch the fourth episode of the Quantum Resolution Series by Master Teacher. You will benefit the most from it, if you can allow him to talk ONLY to you. He is not concerned about anyone else but you.

http://www.themasterteacher.tv/members/catalogue/quantum.htm

Please register to watch the complete episode.

Thank you.

No comments: