September 24, 2007

The Problem of Teaching Jesus and A Course In Miracles

"When Jesus Christ of Nazareth 2000 years ago stood up to teach, all He would really teach you is that God is Love. He cannot not teach “Love your enemy” because you hate and despise and reject your enemy. This is how simple this is. Don’t you see?

And I can pick up the Holy Bible and read that to you and that might or might not mean something to you. It hasn’t meant anything to you in 2000 years. The idea that you should love your enemy hasn’t meant anything to you in 2000 years, and it would be very unlikely that the circumstances in which you find yourself will allow you to love your enemy since he already is your enemy.


Moon light on Devil's Lake

This is the whole problem with trying to teach A Course in Miracles, as you are aware, because the idea of forgiveness -- the forgiveness of your enemy -- is not possible if you live with a god of fear. It is impossible to forgive your enemy if he is constructed separately from you, because your fear of god would demand your attention to the fear of him, so that forgiveness becomes meaningless. Do you see that? The idea that you would have to forgive somebody who could actually wrong you would make forgiveness impossible. This is the dilemma of the rejection of the teachings of Jesus and, obviously, the Course in Miracles.

“I threw the Course away,” said somebody last week, “simply because it’s not relevant to my condition.” That’s a fact of the matter. “I threw away the teachings of Jesus Christ because the teachings of Jesus Christ are not relevant to my problem. The Course says to ignore my children, let them starve, and go to Heaven.” That’s exactly what the Course does not say. Yet that’s exactly what that woman heard that the Course says. So do you still. You actually believe the Course teaches you to forgive your enemy -- that you must practice forgiveness of those outside of you who are wronging you and causing you the problems in your association. It’s exactly the opposite. The entire teaching of Sermon on the Mount, of all whole minds, is that you are the cause of this.

Once more: The entire teaching of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is: As a man thinketh, he will get the result of his own mind in relationship with himself. Period.

Now we’re at the crux of this teaching, which you have become ready to hear. All power is given unto you in Heaven and in earth.
(Matthew 28:18) There is nothing that you cannot do. Giving power to God without your entire association will just give you fear of God. The idea that you would fear God is simply the idea that you would fear something outside yourself. You then require the power of that something outside of you to justify your continuing separation from singular reality." (The Master Teacher of A Course In Miracles in 'Timeless Voice of Resurrected Mind')


Evening light in forest

I am surrounded by the Love of God.

Father, You stand before me and behind, beside me, in the place I see myself, and everywhere I go. You are in all the things I look upon, the sounds I hear, and every hand that reaches for my own. In You time disappears, and place becomes a meaningless belief. For what surrounds Your Son and keeps him safe is Love Itself. There is no Source but This, and nothing is that does not share Its holiness; that stands beyond Your one creation, or without the Love Which holds all things within Itself. Father, Your Son is like Yourself. We come to You in Your Own Name today, to be at peace within Your everlasting Love.

My brothers, join with me in this today. This is salvation's prayer. Must we not join in what will save the world, along with us? (ACIM, Lesson 264)



If you like the pictures, you can download them from my Flickr site. Just click on the images.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things you teach is garbage. Totally off the wall. The book you teach from, which you take as truth, has some truth, although very little.

Alban, Teacher of God said...

I am so glad to hear that you at least know the book well enough to tell where I am off in teaching its message. Otherwise, how could you say, I am totally off, while the book has some truth?

What I don't like however is that this someone here does not dare or care to reveal himself.

All I know is that I asked for help and a real solution to my life of conflict and misery, and
I got the answer. It was not what I expected, but that is why it is a miracle. I certainly know there is no other way for me out of this idea of separation.

Anonymous said...

You don't make sense in your teaching. Then you take a ego driven title such as "teacher of god", utter sickness.

Alban, Teacher of God said...

Someone is getting a little offended here. I wonder why.

Teacher of God is a term that is used in the Course. It means that anyone who does not see his interests separate from another's interests, is a teacher of God. A light has entered the darkness.

To start out one does not even have to believe in God. By this very perspective one is a teacher of God. Of course that is offensive to a traditional Christian. God bless us all.