September 6, 2007

Getting Out Of Hell

"I've been thinking `bout getting out of hell. Everybody knows the way, everybody wants to be the same. Everybody plays the game..."

That is part of the lyrics of the song "Walk with me" by Goodbooks. You can listen to it on this embed player by Sonific. (If you, due to the particular setup of this page, don't see this player displayed after the next three lines, please click on the headline of this post to load it anew.)

I like it a lot I have to say.

"Come on, I want you to walk with me..." Getting out of hell...



Getting out of hell... Where will you go? The only way you can go. There is nowhere else for you to go. Not this.

"In you is all of Heaven. Every leaf that falls is given life in you. Each bird that ever sang will sing again in you. And every flower that ever bloomed has saved its perfume and its loveliness for you. What aim can supersede the Will of God and of His Son, that Heaven be restored to him for whom it was created as his only home? Nothing before and nothing after it. No other place; no other state nor time. Nothing beyond nor nearer. Nothing else. In any form. This can you bring to all the world, and all the thoughts that entered it and were mistaken for a little while. How better could your own mistakes be brought to truth than by your willingness to bring the light of Heaven with you, as you walk beyond the world of darkness into light?" (A Course In Miracles, Chapter 25, The Light You Bring)

It may seem to be impossible. It may seem to be the impossible dream, to outrageous to even think of. Yet what in hell would I have to tell myself in order to reject this possibility of freedom unopposed, joy without opposite? I could never be happy with meager gifts such as having to work my way through this life or not, making money, having a nice relationship and lots of friends, only to die in the end.

However gracefully you may plan to orchestrate it, it is still hell. Everyone knows it. Everyone knows at the end of the day that there has to be more to life. "What the hell was that all about...?" Everyone constantly forgets this. Yet the end to this nightmare is certain. It is certain, because it is impossible.

Getting out of hell, waking up from this dream of death and separation, getting out of hell instead of deceiving yourself that there could still be something here that will work. "This time it will work", one says, only to end up in another death sequence. It won't work. There is no peace except the peace of God. That is what A Course In Miracles is about. Nothing more, nothing less than that. It is a mind training, teaching you to let go, to ask for help, to change your mind.

It is always about ideas. Ideas that keep you here. Ideas that set you free. Ideas that are false. Ideas that are true. Ideas that make you think. "How about that...? Let me see..." There is always one who has to decide. Nothing happens by accident. Nothing can happen to you without your consent. You are the governor and king of your world. You rule it, or you let it rule you by your decision. Yet you are not alone in this process. The question is always, with whom do you make your decisions.

"Nothing can be caused without some form of union, be it with a dream of judgment or the Voice for God. Decisions cause results because they are not made in isolation. They are made by you and your adviser, for yourself and for the world as well. The day you want you offer to the world, for it will be what you have asked for, and will reinforce the rule of your adviser in the world. Whose kingdom is the world for you today? What kind of day will you decide to have?" (A Course In Miracles, Chapter 30, Rules for Decisions)

If you need help to make up your mind, let's pray...

"Whatever suffers is not part of me.

I have disowned the truth. Now let me be as faithful in disowning falsity. Whatever suffers is not part of me. What grieves is not myself. What is in pain is but illusion in my mind. What dies was never living in reality, and did but mock the truth about myself. Now I disown self-concepts and deceits and lies about the holy Son of God. Now am I ready to accept him back as God created him, and as he is.

Father, my ancient love for You returns, and lets me love Your Son again as well. Father, I am as You created me. Now is Your Love remembered, and my own. Now do I understand that they are one.
" (Workbook of A Course In Miracles, Lesson 248)


Undergoing your spiritual awakening and realization of who you really are is literally getting out of hell. Ask for help, ask for a miracle.

Cheers,
Alban

1 comment:

Enemy of the Republic said...

I'm glad you visited my blog. Your blog seems excellent. I shall return.