September 18, 2007

Back to Basics

A Course In Miracles is first and foremost a tool for my awakening and remembering who I am. Realizing that there is nothing in this world that is worth holding onto, I am in need of training my mind to focus on what is really worthy of my attention. What can be and does get taken away from me at any moment, is certainly not what I can use to depend on. If that is so, whatever I see is meaningless, and can have only the meaning that I have given it. Yet Jesus says in lesson 7 that it is always over. I see only the past. So what am I doing?

All I can do is to teach A Course In Miracles. I assert in my mind the ideas of Jesus that are given me in A Course In Miracles. It is my salvation that one voice in my mind appeared that tells me that there is no world, that everything I see is completely meaningless, and that my only purpose is to wake up. One is enough. One voice in my mind stands for the truth.

I am very grateful. Thank God that I can teach myself, that there is only me to be taught. I am teaching only myself, and do teach in every moment, because there is no choice in that. I let this be true, I choose to listen to Jesus, teaching. That is ME teaching myself. As I let this be so for me, Jesus becomes me teaching myself. His learning becomes my learning. I teach myself, and realize there is only one Self. There is only one Mind, one Self and one Life. I think, all I want to express here is the idea of acceptance. Acceptance is my key to a different experience. As I let Jesus mean/teach what he says, I get the benefit from that, meaning I experience it as true. I have stepped back, and my block to the awareness of love's presence is removed.

Back to basics is what I need, over and over again, to free myself from old thought patterns, looking at the past or anticipating the future. Life is not that. How insidious and deeply rooted in my mind is that thought system of separation, judgment and denial of God's love all around me! HELP!

"Nothing I see means anything.
I have given everything I see all the meaning it has for me.
I do not understand anything I see.
These thoughts do not mean anything.
I am never upset for the reason I think.
I am upset because I see what is not there.
I see only the past.
..."

I want to be free. I want to experience the peace of God. There is nothing outside of me. That is all I want.

No comments: