August 8, 2007

Forgiveness and Healing -- It's A Course In Miracles

Someone is trying to tell me that I am dreaming. It is said that the world I see has nothing to do with reality. It is entirely of my own making, and does not exist, including myself in my idea of who I think I am.

Am I willing to renounce all dreams? Am I willing to let go completely of my idea of myself? Am I willing to accept something that is beyond my every attempt to find happiness in this world, yet still within my mind, waiting to be accepted and applied? Am I going to accept forgiveness for everything as the key to my escape from this place of injustice, merciless attack and ongoing changes? Am I willing to stand for a moment in a place of not knowing anything, defenseless, trusting in a power of not of me? Am I willing to let myself be undone? Above all, am I really willing to let something completely alien to my thought system show me a new way, and listen to it in my daily activity?

What exactly does that mean? The answer is here...

"What does forgiveness do? In truth it has no function, and does nothing. For it is unknown in Heaven. It is only hell where it is needed, and where it must serve a mighty function. Is not the escape of God's beloved Son from evil dreams that he imagines, yet believes are true, a worthy purpose? Who could hope for more, while there appears to be a choice to make between success and failure; love and fear?

There is no peace except the peace of God, because He has one Son who cannot make a world in opposition to God's Will and to his own, which is the same as His. What could he hope to find in such a world? It cannot have reality, because it never was created. Is it here that he would seek for peace? Or must he see that, as he looks on it, the world can but deceive? Yet can he learn to look on it another way, and find the peace of God.

Peace is the bridge that everyone will cross, to leave this world behind. But peace begins within the world perceived as different, and leading from this fresh perception to the gate of Heaven and the way beyond. Peace is the answer to conflicting goals, to senseless journeys, frantic, vain pursuits, and meaningless endeavors. Now the way is easy, sloping gently toward the bridge where freedom lies within the peace of God." (There is no peace except the peace of God, Lesson 200, A Course In Miracles)

Do you want to become a teacher of A Course In Miracles yourself? Do you want to learn to forgive? Remember, you teach only yourself as you forgive only yourself. You cannot give to someone else. That is the basic idea of A Course In Miracles. There is only you.

No comments: