June 1, 2007

What Is Death?

Memorial Day? What to remember? That death is the only and ultimate reality that everyone is waiting for or will run into by whatever “life” extinguishing event? What is death? Why believe in God if there is death? Would death not mock all that God is? Or does God die, too? How would He be exempt? Yet, if He would die, He would be worth nothing. If He is eternal, death has no power over Him. Yet what is death then? Is God responsible for death? Could He be cause of death and still be Love? Loving and killing at the same time? Who but a madman would believe in such a contradiction, with the most insane notion being that you lose the things you love. Only one is true, Life or death, and what I experience is what I chose for myself.

So what is death? And where am I in this question? Who am I, who are you?
The answer is very simple. Happiness, love, peace and light is what I am. Spirit am I. Therefore, if I am not happy, it means I am dead by my own decision. If I am what Life is, death is but an idea, my idea, with no effect upon my reality, and regardless of the many and tragic forms and appearances on the contrary.

There is no death, because this world has nothing to do with reality. It is of my own making and does not exist. That is what A Course In Miracles says, over and over again. It is about an experience, through letting go of false self-concepts and ideas about yourself, that you are spirit, that you are the mind dreaming this world, and that you are actually still at home in Heaven, the only living Son of God, all of creation.

So what about all the people killed in combat? Do you think they died in a more or less distant past?

Whatever you remember you remember it NOW. There is no link of memory to the past.
All you see is already past, is your memory, and what you remember is what you want to remember.

Please take a look at lesson 167 from A Course In Miracles for further clarification. Here is a part of it:

"Death is the thought that you are separate from your Creator. It is the belief conditions change, emotions alternate because of causes you cannot control, you did not make, and you can never change. It is the fixed belief ideas can leave their source, and take on qualities the source does not contain, becoming different from their own origin, apart from it in kind as well as distance, time and form.

Death cannot come from life. Ideas remain united to their source. They can extend all that their source contains. In that, they can go far beyond themselves. But they can not give birth to what was never given them. As they are made, so will their making be. As they were born, so will they then give birth. And where they come from, there will they return."
(Lesson 167, A Course In Miracles)

That is the forgiveness and healing of my mind. I am dreaming, and I am waking up to return to my Source. It's a miracle. Thank you.

No comments: