April 25, 2007

Forgive Your Enemy...

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven." (Lk 6,37)

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Mt 5, 43-48)
That is all there is to keep in mind and practice on a daily basis. In my forgiveness is the world released. In my forgiveness I am saved and free to be perfect as I was created by my Father Who is in Heaven. Not the world has to change, not you have to change, I have to change my perception about the world, about you. That is how I heal and free my world. My thoughts about the world, about you, about me, do not mean anything, because they are not shared. Yet since they are my thoughts, I can let them go, can decide to think otherwise, to think with the Mind of God. I can join with my mind what is out of time, simply by wanting something else without defining it.

Everyone knows this from his own experience. We all know of situations of great intensity, let's say of a sudden "life" threatening situation, where we stop the usual chatter in our minds and connect with something greater, whether we are aware of it or not. When you are faced very directly and blatantly with a situation you cannot handle or solve, you surrender, you give up. That is when something else takes over. Everyone fears to do this, because we think it is death. We really think we can die. Yet we don't die. Something else takes over, and can take over only in our surrender.

Once I knocked on some neighbours door to offer help. I was hearing a little child cry for a while two or three floors above my flat, and stressed, aggressive adults shout. I was worried and concerned about the child, and I did not have a better idea than go up and ask what was going on, and offer my help. A guy, whom I did not know, oppened the door, and, staring at me, shouting, suddenly jumped at me, grabbing my throat with both hands, and threw me down the stairs. I was in shock and had to somehow manage not to fall down. It all went vey fast. When I ended up with my back to the wall half a level down, I suddenly was very clear and without concern about the attack, without defense, saying, "I only came to help, how can I help?" The guy did not expect something like this, I don't know what went on in his head, but he suddenly let go of me. I guess he was in shock, too. It was a wild experience. I was shaking, but was very clear and determined in my mind. I came to offer help. "Do you need help?" He calmed down a little and asked me to come with him. We went into his flat where there was the mother and the little child, crying. I guess they just could not handle the crying anymore and lost it. Why did he attack me? Maybe because of the stress and guilt for not being able to handle the situation and provide for the child what he was asking for.

Who cares, it was a valuable experience that showed me that I need not fear. There is always help and a clear thought, because God goes with me wherever I go. Sometimes it takes a little more to let me realize that I really need help and to let go of everything.

What does this have to do with forgiveness? Forgiveness is about having a true purpose, about being determined to offer love and help, to be harmless and see the love or the call for love in another's acts and expressions, no matter what their form may be. If you do, or better can allow that, then something else takes place. A miracle steps in, showing you light, joy and peace underneath what seemed to be hate and fear, showing you the unreality of the situation as you perceived it a moment ago.
"My function here is to forgive the world for all the errors I have made. For thus am I released from them with all the world." (A Course In Miracles, Workbook Lesson 115)
You are free. Forgive, and you realize that your are free.

That is what is offered in Edinburgh this weekend, truly a Miracle Festival in the determination and declaration that there is something else beyond this world of pain, sickness and death, a real Alternative. You are a miracle, you are whole and perfect as you were created. Forgiveness sees you as you truly are.

Watch the Edinburgh videos by Master Teacher to learn and practice forgiveness.






Thank you for watching. It's a miracle.

No comments: