February 9, 2007

All Things I Think I See Reflect Ideas

"This is salvation's keynote: What I see reflects a process in my mind, which starts with my idea of what I want. From there, the mind makes up an image of the thing the mind desires, judges valuable, and therefore seeks to find. These images are then projected outward, looked upon, esteemed as real and guarded as one's own. From insane wishes comes an insane world. From judgment comes a world condemned. And from forgiving thoughts a gentle world comes forth, with mercy for the holy Son of God, to offer him a kindly home where he can rest a while before he journeys on, and help his brothers walk ahead with him, and find the way to Heaven and to God.

Our Father, Your ideas reflect the truth, and mine apart from Yours but make up dreams. Let me behold what only Yours reflect, for Yours and Yours alone establish truth."
(Workbook Lesson 325)

Everything is an idea. Everything. No exception. You are an idea. God is an idea. You are an idea of God. A thought, (the word) cannot be made physical (flesh), since thought is not physical. I only can think I am a body, separating myself from myself. Yet what is that? An idea, a mistaken idea. In that idea I am a mistake because I have misplaced myself, and experience myself as physical through my own belief. That is exactly why I need the mind training of A Course In Miracles. Let us go to workbook lesson 15:

"My thoughts are images I have made.

It is because the thoughts you think you think appear as images that you do not recognize them as nothing. You think you think them, and so you think you see them. This is how your "seeing" was made. This is the function you have given your body's eyes. It is not seeing. It is image making. It takes the place of seeing, replacing vision with illusions...
In practicing the idea for today, repeat it first to yourself, and then apply it to whatever you see around you, using its name and letting your eyes rest on it as you say:

This ______ is an image that I have made.
That ______ is an image that I have made."

Are people actually practicing this? Now it makes perfect sense to say that you have the keys to the kingdom of heaven: whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matthew 16:19)

You can give away everything, and it will still be yours. In fact, by giving it, you will know that you have it. If you do not give you cannot know you have it. In fact, only those being afraid would try hold on to what they have. Yet they have lost everything by it. Having been given everything they somehow believe they can lose. What does that mean but that they do not know who they are? And what would not knowing who you are be but death?

Now we also understand the lesson of forgiveness. It is giving away my ideas. No one did anything to me. I was mistaken in my idea about myself. There is no one outside of my mind. I only thought I was a body. Yet I have projected my ideas and thoughts outside of me, keeping them there by doing everything I can to defend myself against them. What an insanity!!! I need help! I need a miracle to undo my falsity. That is why this is a course in miracles. I need a new action. I need to give my ideas away. I give them to God, realizing that in so doing I am giving up nothing. God, the Holy Spirit will purify my thoughts. Everything that is not in alignment with truth, will be converted. That is the miracle. All that is required is that I give again. In giving I immediately experience a shift, because giving is what I am. God only gives. I for-give in my faith in God, accepting that I am still whole and perfect. Actually, it means that I give to myself again. I can only give to myself. In giving everything that is not true I will be released and healed. What an idea!!! I have to practice it, because this is not a concept. It is the truth setting me free. What an idea!!!

No comments: